My Self Introduction

Hello, my name is Baylee Ranta. I have recently graduated from Toutle Lake High School with a class size of 41 students. I lived in Toutle until I was about 7 years old and then my family moved to Longview, Washington because it was closer to work. My parents got divorced while I was in the 5th grade. When they split I decided to stay in Longview and thats when I attended Cascade Middle School and then started at Mark Morris High School but then my dad moved back to Toutle and I decided to move up there with him and finish high school at Toutle Lake High School. Moving to Toutle was by far the best decision I've made the school was much smaller with less distractions and the students there were nicer and had very few cliques. During my senior year I got voted MVP for softball and made it onto the All League Third Team. I also got voted on to Prom court by my fellow classmates.

I play both fast pitch softball and slow pitch softball. I received a varsity letter for softball all four years of high school and even received a sportsmanship award during the state softball tournament in 2017. I have been playing softball for almost 14 years! Currently I am playing on a club team called Washington Adrenaline that my dad has been coaching for about 4 years. But when I'm not playing softball I love watching baseball. More specifically I love supporting our local Seattle Mariners but I also love watching the Boston Red Sox! The image on the right is my absolute favorite baseball player, Andrew Benintendi. During the softball/baseball off season I like to lounge around the house and watch the Breakfast Club or listen to Jason Aldean while a read a good book.

My goals have constantly changed over the years but I have finally decided that I want to graduate from Lower Columbia College with my associates in Sociology. I will then transfer to a four year college and study sociology and take some criminal justice courses. After school I would like to test into the police academy with hopes of becoming a police officer/ investigator. I am already on the right track and have a foot in the door to becoming a cop because about 6 months ago I joined the Longview Police Cadet Program. In the cadet program we get to go on ride alongs, attend meetings, do police trainings, and even get to know our local community. Being a cadet has opened my eyes to how things have become a disaster and how much our society can use more help to make this city safe and happy.

Comments